Self Care Tips & Rituals
Working in harmony with the energy of the moon cycles sounds all very new age but in fact this practice has been observed for hundreds of years. Just like the moon effects the tides in earth's oceans, the gravitational effect can have an impact on us not least because the human body is around 70% water. Therefore, the phases of the moon represent the natural ebb and flow of life and harnessing the full and new moon energies in particular are known to be highly potent energetic portals.
A new moon is when the sun and the moon come into alignment and signifies new beginnings, planting the seeds for new ideas, setting your intentions and defining goals. A full moon is when the sun reflects its light onto the moon and luminates it in our night sky. There is a strong gravitational pull on earth at this time and the energy can be used to release yourself of anything that no longer serves you. This is a great time for cleansing your space of lower vibrations and feel renewed.
Both the new moon and the full moon phases offer an energetic portal that amplifies your intentions and effects of any mindful practice for manifestation. Try incorporating the dates of the new and/or full moon into your regular meditation and yoga practice and notice what experience you have.
Being grounded is to feel connected to the here and now. You feel strong, centred and in control. When you are not grounded you may feel light headed, emotional and almost out of your own body. You can also absorb other peoples negativity or emotions and be easily impacted by the environment around you. The root chakra is connected to feeling grounded as it is the closest chakra to physical earth. When unbalanced, it means we may feel threatened by others, in survival mode, fearful, anxious, anger and not in control. There are many techniques that can help you get grounded.
2) Visualise all negativity flowing away and behind you.
3) Begin to see an energetic connection from the bottom of your feet down to the earth’s core and really feel this connection between the base chakra at the base of your spine connecting to the earth.
4) Continue to breath deeply.
5) To close, once again place yourself in protective white light and open your eyes whenever you feel ready.
Citrine crystals look great for styling the home and have amazing healing properties that can boost self confidence and attract abundance. Here is a 5 minute energiser meditation that is super easy and effective.
1) Hold a citrine crystal in your hand
2) Close your eyes and begin to breath deeply
3) Set an intention for your crystal based on what you would like it to help you with
4) Continue to breathe and meditate focusing on the intention and FEELING as if it has already happened. Continue for as long as you feel needed. Feel the positive energy.
5) You may also like to place your crystal on the solar plexus and visualise a cleansed, balanced chakra.
6) To close, breathe in deeply, bringing in the positive energy down to your root chakra, feel the positivity being locked in at a physical level.
7) Give thanks and when you are ready, open your eyes.